Additional Learning Support
At our college we pride ourselves in offering high quality additional learning support to students with disabilities and learning difficulties and in other cases those students who need further help with their English and maths.
What support do we offer?
There are a wide range of support options that are available to you as a student. Here is a list of the most common:
- An assessment of your learning needs
- In class support
- Specialist teaching sessions on a 1:1 or small group basis
- English, maths and assignment workshops
- Individualised exam arrangements
- Communicators and signers
- Assistive technology
- Partnership working with agencies that are helping you
If you have a medical condition, disability or learning difficulty that has implications for your health and safety; or support needs that may need some time to plan and put in place (e.g. a Sign Language Interpreter, or Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan for wheelchair users/students with mobility difficulties) – then please let us know as soon as possible.
How do I access this support?
It is important that you let us know as soon as possible if you think you may need support. If you have a disability, health condition or learning difficulty that may impact on your studies then tell us because we can help you.
- Tell us on your application
- Tell us at interview
Contact the Additional Learning Support team direct:
- Melanie Kelsey Head of Student Support firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neelam Raju Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Manager email@example.com
- Peter Dore Student Achievement and Wellbeing Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
The Additional Learning Support team are here to help you progress and achieve through your learning journey and we look forward to assisting you.