Fees and Funding
Continuing your journey in further education will bring you many benefits, it is one of the most worthwhile investments you can ever make. Gaining higher level qualifications will increase your earning potential, open up more employment opportunities, give you enhanced personal and professional skills, and widen your access to networks.
The great news is that there is more help available than ever before to finance your journey in education.
What financial support is available from the college?
- If you are aged 16-18 years old , courses are free
- If you are aged 19 + you do not have to pay for Entry or Level 1 courses, or GSCE English and maths, if you have not already achieved GCSE grade A-C
- If you are aged 19 + and are in receipt of unemployment benefits/Universal credits, you do not usually have to pay for Level 1 and 2 programmes
- If you are aged 19+ and studying a qualifying Level 3 or 4 programmes, you can apply for an Advanced Learning loan from the government to cover the cost of your fees.
- Many of our students receive support towards their travel, study and childcare expenses via our Learner Support Fund.
The financial support you can receive depends on your age, the level of course you will be studying and your family / personal income. Some support is accessed through the College and some you will need to apply to other organisations for.
Payment of Fees
If you are required to pay tuition fees, we will inform you and invoice you at the point you enrol for the course.
We have a number of ways you can pay your fees
- 100% Settlement – This can be made by cash or cheque (made payable to City College Coventry) or credit/debit card
- Instalments – We can arrange for you to pay over 3 instalments (on courses costing £200 or more). You will need to pay 35% deposit (or minimum of £100) at enrolment, and set up a standing order payment plan for the balance. Please note there is a £15 administration charge for this service
- Employer Sponsorship – If your employer has agreed to pay your fees and you would like us to invoice them, then download the Employer Fee Payment Contractor request one from Student Services. You need to get this completed by an authorised representative of your company and you need to bring it along when you enrol.
If you have questions not answered by this article CLICK HERE