City College Coventry Further Education Corporation
City College Coventry was formed as a result of a merger between Tile Hill College and Coventry Technical College in February 2002. It is a Further Education Corporation established under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992, and has the legal status of a charity exempt from registration.
The Corporation, which is also sometimes known as the Governing Body, is made up of up to 17 Governors who work on a voluntary basis, and whose key statutory responsibilities are:
- The determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and the oversight of its activities;
- Approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- The effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and safeguarding their assets;
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure.
The Corporation also determines the Standing Orders, which lay out statutory and governance rules and procedures; the College’s values; and the College’s strategic objectives.
The Corporation consists of 12 Independent Governors, who come from a range of business and community backgrounds; 2 Student Governors; 2 Staff Governors; and the Principal.
Click here to see a list of the current Governors.
If you have any queries or would like any further information you can contact Jim Edwards, the Clerk to the Corporation, on 02476 791530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The work of the Corporation is supported by the following Committees that meet regularly during the year:
- Audit Committee
- Governance Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Quality & Performance Committee
- Finance & Resources Committee
Click here to view past Corporation Minutes of Committee meetings and College Policies.